I came across a YouTube video recently, that led me to the Legendary Marketer sales page. Where I was told I could make $1,000’s per day following a simple system.
Sounds cool, but is it the real deal?
Well, I review a lot of programs on this site, and more often than not, sites that make these claims aren’t legit. But I decided to take a closer look to find out.
Here’s what I found after buying…
Legendary Marketer FAQ
- What is Legendary Marketer? Legendary Marketer (once known as “Duplicate Dave”) is an internet marketing program founded by David Sharpe. The program teaches you how to make money online, primarily with affiliate marketing.
- What’s affiliate marketing about? Affiliate marketing is a business model where you promote other company’s products for a commission. When people make a purchase through your unique affiliate link, you earn a commission.
- How does Legendary Marketer work? There are numerous courses available within Legendary Marketer. So exactly what steps you need to take to build your business, depend on the course you choose. But generally, the way this works is you purchase a course, learn the material, and put what you learn into practice to build an online business.
- Who is David Sharpe? David Sharpe is one of the most successful online marketers of our time. According to David, he started out as a high school dropout and drug addict, but got himself clean and sober, and now runs multi-million dollar businesses.
- Is David Sharpe a scammer? No, I don’t believe David Sharpe is a scam artist. However, I am a little skeptical because he did co-found Empower Network (with David Wood) before starting Legendary Marketer. Empower Network was a high-ticket MLM scheme that fell apart in 2017, and lost a lot of people money. David Sharpe left Empower Network in 2014 though, after he and David Wood’s “visions became different”.
- What are the Legendary Marketer products? Legendary Marketer sells digital marketing courses, DFY services, live events and mastermind groups that teach you how to become a successful internet marketer. The courses include training on generating traffic, creating funnels, email marketing, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, selling your own products and services, and more.
- How much does it cost? The products, services and events range in price from $30 per month to $30,000 one time. Then there’s the cost of driving traffic to your funnels. Which isn’t cheap and is essential if you want to earn affiliate commissions following David’s teachings. So this is not for those short on cash.
- Why is the price so high? Some will say it’s because of the quality of the training, which may be the case. But in my opinion, it is also to facilitate higher commissions for affiliates. The good news is that Legendary Marketer reimburses its members for any course they purchase IF they sell 10 of the same course within a 2 year period.
- Can you get a refund? Yes. There’s a 30 day refund policy in place for Legendary Marketers Club and Traffic Rolodex Bundle. However, there is only a “3-day right of rescission” for everything else.
- How much money can you make? As with any business venture, there is virtually no limit to how much money you can make. How much you earn ultimately comes down to how well you learn and apply. And in this case, your advertising budget.
- How long does it take to get results? Despite what many “internet gurus” claim, real success takes time, effort and persistence. It took me just under 2 years to begin earning a full time income with affiliate marketing. So it will take time for you to see results even if you are putting in the effort. And it goes without saying that nothing is guaranteed.
- Is this newbie friendly? For the most part, yes. It’s newbie friendly because the training takes you by the hand and walks you through everything you need to know to build a business online. But the support is limited unless you upgrade to higher ticket programs, which makes it harder for newbies. Also the cost factor increase risk for newbies.
- How does the Legendary Marketer affiliate program work? There are two main ways to join the affiliate program- as a Basic or PRO affiliate. Becoming a Basic affiliate is free and pays 10-30% commissions on products/ services people purchase through your affiliate link. Becoming a Pro affiliate costs $29.95 per month and pays out 40-60% commissions.
- Do you really get a “coach” to help you succeed? The coaches may be helpful to some extent. But in reality, they are sales people who’s main objective is getting you to purchase higher and higher ticket products.
- Is this a scam or pyramid scheme? Legendary Marketer is not a scam or pyramid scheme. The products are probably overpriced, but that doesn’t make it a scam. And it’s not a pyramid scheme, because the affiliate program is “single-level”. Meaning, this is NOT multilevel marketing (MLM). You only earn on sales you personally make.
Read on for my complete review.
Legendary Marketer Review (All You Need to Know)
My initial inclination was to avoid Legendary Marketer.
Because before I learned how to do affiliate marketing (and create a 6 figure online business), I spent years buying into scams and overhyped programs. Which ultimately made me skeptical of anything that sounds too good to be true.
And in this case, the marketing was a bit overhyped and the business model itself is similar to some of the sketchiest programs online.
Some of which have even been shut down by the FTC, like MOBE and Digital Altitude for example. Or simply fallen apart on their own, like the Empower Network.
All of these were incredibly popular, high ticket systems that worked in a similar manner to Legendary Marketer. As in, you buy in at a low price point, upgrade into the $10,000’s and promote the same system to others to earn affiliate commissions.
However, there are a couple of key differences with Legendary Marketer that softened my skepticism. Differences that I believe make it more legitimate than similar programs that have come and gone before it.
What differences am I talking about?
Well first of all, this is NOT a multilevel marketing (MLM) program. It is a single level affiliate program, which means you only earn on your direct referrals.
There’s nothing wrong with MLM in and of itself. There are lots of legit MLM companies that aren’t pyramid schemes. But MLM combined with high ticket programs in the “make money online” niche is just not a good mix.
Second, you don’t have to buy the product to “qualify” to promote it.
With most high ticket systems I’ve come across, you need to purchase each “level” you want to promote. Only after buying that level do you qualify to earn commissions promoting it. Which is complete and utter BS, and not above board.
So these two key differences are important because they lend more credibility to the program and make it more sustainable longterm.
Anyway, I decided to buy a Legendary Marketer Club (and 15 Day Online Business Builder Challenge) membership. So I could learn more and see how legit the whole thing is.
And in the next section, I’ll show you exactly what I found so you know what to expect.
Legendary Marketer Products
The Legendary Marketer product line consists of digital information products, Live events and mastermind groups. All of which are designed to help you become a “legendary” online marketer and create a highly successful online business.
And all of which revolve around the concept of helping you make high ticket sales.
The high ticket (AKA top tier) business model is all about selling a low ticket product to get the customer in the door. Then progressively upselling them higher and higher priced (and value) products once they’re inside the members area.
Sounds kinda sketchy, I know.
And some companies really do use this model unethically.
Which is why I don’t promote systems like this as a general rule. Not to mention, I built my business on a shoestring budget, so I like showing others how to do the same.
Anyway, just because something costs a lot of money doesn’t make it a scam. As long as the marketing is ethical and there’s great value there, good and well.
And you don’t need to create your own products to be successful with this model either.
Because the idea is to promote Legendary Marketer itself as an affiliate. Which already has existing products and marketing funnels in place for you to leverage.
That doesn’t mean everything is done for you, or that it’ll be easy for you to make money.
Not at all. But with effort and persistence, you could make real money with a system like this. Especially considering the quality and quantity of training David provides.
Here’s a breakdown of the digital marketing products (training courses):
- 15 Day Online Business Builder Challenge ($7)
- Legendary Marketers Club ($30 p/m)
- Traffic Rolodex Bundle ($247)
- Affiliate Marketing Business Blueprint ($2,500)
- Digital Products Business Blueprint ($2,500)
- Coaching and Consulting Business Blueprint ($2,500)
- Events and Masterminds Business Blueprint ($2,500)
- DFY Brand Builder ($10,000)
And here’s the Live events and mastermind groups on offer:
- Marketer Mastermind ($8,000)
- Entrepreneur Mastermind ($12,000)
- DFY Brand Builder and Masterminds Bundle ($15,000)
- Legendary Leadership Group ($30,000)
As you can see, this is not for people who are strapped for cash!
And aside from the cost of the courses, you need a decent budget for traffic if you want to be successful with this. Which I’m guessing you do, or you wouldn’t be reading this.
Traffic alone could easily set you back $1,000’s within a very short period of time.
In any case, let’s dig deeper into each course and my experience after buying, so you have a better understanding of what they’re all about.
15 Day Online Business Builder Challenge ($7)
This is where it all begins.
As the name suggests, this is a 15 day course that walks you through getting an online business started from scratch.
The cost is $7 but as I discovered by accident, when you buy the Legendary Marketers Club membership, you actually get access to this course at no extra cost. Which I think is pretty cool.
Here’s what each “day” of the training covers:
- Day 1: The #1 Secret To Starting & Scaling A High-Ticket Business
- Day 2: The “Core 4” High-Ticket Business Models Online
- Day 3: Watch Me Build A Business In Under 30 Minutes
- Day 4: How To Master The Inner-Game of Wealth
- Day 5: The Big Day – Developing Your Business Plan!
- Day 6: You Got Questions, and I Got Answers!
- Day 7: When Should I Quit My Job To Build My Business Full-Time?
- Day 8: What Are High-Income Skills and Why Do You Need Them?
- Day 9: High-Income Skill #1 – Lead Generation
- Day 10: High-Income Skill #2 – Copywriting
- Day 11: High-Income Skill #3 – Sales and Presenting
- Day 12: What, When and Where To Outsource
- Day 13: Using “OPM” To Build Your Business
- Day 14: 4 Ways To Avoid “Wantrepreneur Syndrome”
- Day 15: Your First Sale and the Journey Of Your Success
The training here walks you through the basics of the high ticket business model and how it works. It also touches on specific skills like lead generation, copywriting, outsourcing and so forth.
Lots of great stuff here.
In addition to training modules, there are various “assignments” you need to complete after each lesson. And you must complete these in order to progress to the next lesson.
So you don’t have to wait a full day before accessing the next module. But there are some annoying “snags” that hold you up and stop you from moving forward.
For example, you must book in a phone call and wait to speak with a “coach” before you can proceed to the “Day 3” lesson.
Which sucks. And let’s be honest…
This call is mostly about getting you to upgrade. Because that is the name of the game with this system.
Either way, there’s definitely some great value training, so it is definitely worthwhile going through. Especially if you’re a total newbie who has never made a dime online.
Just don’t expect anything beyond the basics.
This is really just an “overview” of what you will be learning in more detail, should you decide to purchase and progress through the higher ticket courses going forward.
Legendary Marketers Club ($30 per month)
The Legendary Marketers Club membership wasn’t what I expected.
This was actually the first course I bought. So I was expecting a step-by-step training course, something that would show me “how to get started online” from scratch.
But it’s more like a compilation of videos that contain useful, but general information.
So I guess it is kind of like the “Netflix of internet marketing training” as the sales copy says.
Anyways before long, I figured out that the 15 Day Online Business Builder Challenge is where I should’ve started, because that’s the actual starting point of this whole system (duh). This is more like a supplement to that initial foundation course.
In any case, there are over 100 videos in total that are broken down into various courses:
These courses contain training on developing the right mindset, building a successful online business, interviews and Live training replays.
Here’s an overview of what each course contains:
- Kevin Harrington Interview (7 videos)
- Mark Harbert Interview (13 videos)
- Nathan Lucas Interview (10 videos)
- Marketer’s Club Live Training Replays (30 videos)
- The Journey To 250,000 Subscribers (12 videos)
- What to Do and Say to Sell More Stuff (4 videos)
- How To Use Story To Succeed Online (6 videos)
- How To Achieve Anything You Want (9 videos)
- 27 Tips to Start & Scale Your Business (6 videos)
- You vs You (4 videos)
- Build, Engage, and Sell (4 videos)
- Outsourcing is the Key to Balance (4 videos)
In addition to the above courses, Club members get access to weekly live training webinars that provide further training and access to Live Q&A sessions.
Overall I think for $30 you are getting a lot of value here.
So I think it’s definitely worth the initial money. Whether or not I would continue paying $30 per month though, is another story.
I guess that would depend on how good the Live webinars continue to be.
Traffic Rolodex Bundle ($247)
Traffic is the life blood of every online business.
Without quality traffic coming to your landing pages, you simply will not make money.
And there’s really just a couple ways to get traffic:
- Free (work hard to “earn” it over time)
- Paid (pay for advertising to get instant traffic)
I am more of a fan of free traffic because it can actually be of a higher quality, and it doesn’t cost you a dime. But it does take time and effort, in some cases a lot of it.
Paid traffic is also very good, and it’s instant, but getting it profitable is the hard part. You really need to know what you are doing when you start running ads because otherwise you will end up throwing a lot of money away. Very quickly.
The Traffic Rolodex Bundle contains eight individual courses that show you how to generate traffic from major sites like Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
I think for $247 this is definitely a worthwhile course. Because learning how to crush it with paid ads can be a game changer, and a super good way to scale your business.
This is also not a bad price point, I’ve seen a LOT higher ticket products that don’t provide this much value.
Business Blueprint Courses ($2,500 to $10,000)
I chose not to buy the following products because I already have a full plate with my existing businesses. And I’m not about to spend $10,000’s just for a review.
With that being said, I did do my homework on these. And I’ll give you a quick breakdown of each course so you know what they’re about.
Affiliate Marketing Business Blueprint ($2,500): This is where you learn the ins and outs of making money by promoting other companies products as an affiliate. And of course, promoting Legendary Marketer itself.
Digital Products Business Blueprint ($2,500): This course shows you how to create, market and sell your own digital products online. It’s definitely not essential to making money online but is definitely a good alternative to affiliate marketing.
Coaching and Consulting Business Blueprint ($2,500): Coaching and consulting is a rapidly growing industry and one with a lot of income potential. The idea behind this course is to show you how to take your passion or expertise in a given field, and create a service based consulting business that can be run from your laptop.
Events and Masterminds Business Blueprint ($2,500): This course is about stepping away from the online world to create and host Live events or masterminds. The downside is you’ve got to get up in front of people and speak, the plus side is the income potential and the street cred you can get from this.
DFY Brand Builder ($10,000)
The Done For You (DFY) Brand Builder is a service that helps you create a trusted, authoritative brand for your business. This is certainly an important part of any successful online or offline business, because without trust you won’t get very far.
I’m not sure how much of this is “done for you” or how good the quality will be. But I’m guessing it would be decent given the price tag of $10k. It’d wanna be.
Live Mastermind Events ($8,000 to $30,000)
Marketer Mastermind ($8,000): This is a Live event that covers traffic, lead generation and conversion strategies from top online marketers from around the globe. You only have to pay this fee once to get continued access to attend all future mastermind events for a “seating fee”. Which I imagine is a lot lower than the upfront cost of the event itself.
Entrepreneur Mastermind ($12,000): This is another live event, but this one covers topics like “health, wealth and wisdom hacks”, rather than internet marketing. Like the Marketer Mastermind, you only pay once and can attend future events for a seating fee.
DFY Brand Builder and Masterminds Bundle ($15,000): It is unclear exactly what you receive with this package. But given the name, you could logically conclude that you are getting the DFY Brand Builder, Marketer Mastermind and Entrepreneur Mastermind.
Legendary Leadership Group ($30,000): This is the highest ticket offer on the table at $30k. The website doesn’t get into specifics, but it does infer that you will be working closely with David Sharpe, to some extent. And that you will be “modeling his proven plans to launch, grow and scale your business to 6,7,8 and even 9 figures”.
The Legendary Marketer Affiliate Program
The Legendary Marketer affiliate program (AKA affiliate referral plan) outlines how much you can earn promoting Legendary Marketer.
And since most people who join will inevitably end up promoting LM, it’s worth understanding how this works so you know what to expect.
Here’s a screenshot I took from the official affiliate referral plan:
As you can see, how much money you can make as an affiliate, depends largely on whether you’re a Basic or PRO affiliate.
Basic Affiliate Membership (free)
A basic affiliate earns between 10-30% commissions on products your direct referrals purchase through your unique affiliate link.
- Legendary Marketer’s Club: $9 per month in recurring commissions
- Traffic Rolodex: $24.70 one time
- Business Blueprints: $250 one time
- Marketer Mastermind: $800
- Entrepreneur Mastermind: $1,200
- DFY Brand Builder: $500
- DFY Brand Builder and Masterminds Bundle: $1,000
- Legendary Leadership Group: $2,500
PRO Affiliate Membership ($29.95 per month)
A PRO affiliate earns between 40-60% commissions on products your direct referrals purchase. Which in some cases means earning four times as much.
And all you need to do to qualify, is pay $29.95 per month.
- Legendary Marketer’s Club: $18 per month in recurring commissions
- Traffic Rolodex: $98 one time
- Business Blueprints: $1,000 one time
- Marketer Mastermind: $3,200
- Entrepreneur Mastermind: $4,800
- DFY Brand Builder: $2,000
- DFY Brand Builder and Masterminds Bundle: $4,000
- Legendary Leadership Group: $10,000
What I Like
- David Sharpe is an expert, that much is obvious
- Members receive quality training products
- Good initial value before the high ticket upsells begin
- It’s not MLM
- There’s a free affiliate program option
- You don’t have to buy everything you want to promote
- High ticket commissions are very appealing
What I Don’t Like
- Some of the Legendary Marketer sales material is overhyped
- You cannot progress through the foundational training without speaking to a coach, who is in reality a sales person trying to convince you to upgrade
- Lots of high ticket upsells which (at least to some extent) are obviously priced so high to facilitate higher commissions for affiliates
- The overall costs of starting, running and scaling a business like this into profit are very high when you factor in the training and traffic/ advertising costs
- Only a 3 day refund policy on the most risky purchases (programs $2,500 and above)
- Lots of “mindset” talk as oppose to getting straight down to brass tacks
- Support/ community aspect isn’t very good for the lower cost courses
Should You Join Legendary Marketer?
Ultimately, whether or not you decide to join Legendary Marketer is something only you can decide.
I am not an affiliate for Legendary Marketer, so I am not going to drop an affiliate link and tell you to hurry up and “join now”.
This is something that ultimately comes down to your budget.
If you want to get started as a total newbie, and have a spare $10-$20k laying around, then this could be a great program for you. Especially if you just want a high ticket system you can promote without venturing out into other niches.
However, this is certainly not the only way to get started online. Especially not if you are wanting to learn how to do affiliate marketing as a newbie.
I can say from personal experience that you do not need to spend $10,000’s on training, coaching and traffic to be successful. I bootstrapped my entire online business for less than $50 per month.
Other than cost there’s also the downside of mostly being locked into promoting ONE system within the “make money online” niche.
There are tons of viable niches online, so I feel this is really limiting yourself and “putting all your eggs into one basket” so to speak.
So it’s definitely not my top recommendation for everyone.
But this could be the right program for the right person and there’s certainly money to be made by following Dave’s training.
There are lots of different alternative programs you could consider.
For example, similar high ticket programs like the Super Affiliate Network or Four Percent Group come to mind.
The trouble is, these are essentially MLM, in my opinion less ethically marketed and run by people I trust a lot less.
So I’d never recommend either of those programs, but they are comparable alternative programs all the same.
An alternative I do recommend is called Wealthy Affiliate. Which is an affiliate marketing platform with over a million members, that I have personally been a part of for over 3 years.
This is where I learned everything I know about affiliate marketing and how I went from newbie to super affiliate.
It also costs a LOT less, at just $49 per month for a Premium membership, which gives you all the tools, training and support you need to succeed.
I’m not saying one is better than the other.
But I personally do recommend Wealthy Affiliate as a solid alternative to Legendary Marketer. Especially if you’re a newbie and you don’t have lots of money to invest in training and traffic. Which I didn’t when I first started out.
Overall I am happy to say that there’s a lot of value within the member’s area.
And while the high ticket business model itself is a bit controversial, I do not believe Legendary Marketer is a scam.
With that said, there are some drawbacks to consider, as I mentioned in the review. Just like there are with any business opportunity or online money-making system.
Whatever you decide, I hope you found this review helpful!