There are tons of these paid survey sites online today and many people are starting to wonder if they can make some decent money with them or not. So is Inbox Dollars legit or just a complete waste of time? Well here’s what I think…
What Is Inbox Dollars?
While people are making some money with taking paid surveys, the honest truth is it is not a real business or opportunity to create a legitimate income online. I’ll talk more on who this kind of platform is really for in a moment.
Inbox Dollars is a website that was established back in the year 2000 and is designed to provide companies with legitimate feedback on their products, brand, offers and more form everyday people. Not surprisingly companies (especially the big ones) are willing to pay top dollar to gain access to reliable feedback about such things, because this is valuable market research data.
They use this to improve existing products and even come up with new ideas and new ways to promote. So the point is that Inbox Dollars is by no means a scam. In fact InboxDollars.com has some of the strictest quality control methods going which ensures only quality survey data is collected and sold on to these partner companies.
Enough About Them… What About Me?
Ok so what all this means for you is that you can sign up and get paid to take surveys, watch ads, redeem coupons and more. You get paid an insanely small amount I might add, but you do get paid to take part in these market research opportunities if eligible.
It is worth noting that not all countries are eligible for every kind of method, so you may find this is quite restricted if you’re outside of the US.
How Do I Get Paid?
There’s several ways you can earn some coins with this company including:
- Complete Offers- By shopping at places you like or purchasing certain offers you can earn a few dollars. So for example if you spend $50 on an offer at a partner store you might make $2-3 back. Only makes sense if your actually already wanting to buy whatever it is to begin with though.
- Taking Surveys- You can participate in surveys and receive a small amount of coinage for doing so. You must actually do them properly because companies are becoming more and more able to detect rush through surveys and you won’t get paid a dime in such a case.
- Refer Others- Convince others to join the penny-chasing dream and you could be earning a tiny slice of their efforts as well.
- Paid Email Reading- If eligible you’ll get up to three sponsored emails per day to read straight to your inbox.
- Play Games- By signing up and spending money on partner gaming sites you can essentially get a discount on your gaming to the tune of 1-4%. So your not going to earn anything but this will discount your gaming.
- Search Engine- Inbox Dollars has their own search engine that will fetch you up to 15cents a day if you meet the requirements.
- Watching Ads- Watch videos to get paid a few cents- boring!
Ok so I’m pretty sure I’ve covered the main ways to ‘earn’ money with Inbox Dollars here but let me know below if I’ve missed something worth noting.
How Much Can I Make?
Well to give an accurate overall answer to how much you’ll likely make with this I’d say… very little. When I say very little I mean VERY little. It is also worth noting you can’t withdraw anything until you’ve reached $30 account balance.
If you click away all day taking surveys, completing offers, reading several emails and watch a ton of mind numbingly boring promo videos you might make a few bucks.
Folks it really does vary what people are making but it is very safe to say you won’t be making all this extra cash you’re dreaming of.
The Good Bits
- The good thing about Inbox Dollars is you could get some nice discounts on your regular shopping, find out about new deals and voice your opinion on products and companies that interest you.
- If you like playing online games then you could get cash back for money you spend playing them.
- Might be good for a few bucks if you’re desperate and literally have no other immediate way.
- Company seems legit as far as these kinds of things go
The Bad Bits
- Definitely not a legitimate income opportunity for anyone looking to build a real online business or consistent income
- A complete waste of your valuable time that could be spent pursuing worthwhile tasks like learning how to make real money online. With the amount of time you put into this just to earn pennies, you could spend learning and building a real online business that will deliver real profits.
- Very low income opportunity
- Limited opportunities for those outside the US
- Being involved in these types of things can sometimes lead to an endless barrage of spam to your email, which gets really annoying.
- May encourage you to spend money on things you wouldn’t have before, just to earn credits in your account. For example “if I spend $80 on this new product, that I really don’t need or would never have thought of buying, then I’ll get $3 in my account”.
- Flat out time waster in my opinion, I’ve said this again because that’s the biggest thing I could point out with this and other similar platforms- if you’re using them for an income opportunity don’t waste your time. Friends, you are worth more than clicking, reading and viewing endless promos just to earn a couple of cents!!
Inbox Dollars is legit but far from worth your time if you want to build a real income online. If you want to sit around clicking for less than minimum wage rather than work on something that could change your life, then why not.
If you value your time and want more than a few extra dollars then this is not worth it.
Did you know that most people fail to make money online?
Despite the wealth of opportunity that exists online right now, there's also lots of fake "gurus" selling bunk programs that over promise and under deliver. It's a wild west!
The good news is... it IS possible for ordinary people to create success online. I know, because I've done it myself. Here's how I went from zero to $8K plus per month online.